Welcome to TheBestElectricShavers.com where you can find information on the Best Electric Shavers available in the market, Electric Shaver Reviews as well as Electric Shaver Ranking. On this website you can read reviews, tips as well as recommendation on the right electric shaver before you decide to buy one for yourself.
Shaving is a ritual where most men around the world have to go through in order to remove the previous day stubble, to shave or to trim the beard and moustache. Most men use normal blades or razors for these activities but some prefer electric shavers.
Since there are many electric shavers available in the market thus it is usually a challenging process to choose the right one to use. Among the popular brands available in the market are Braun, Panasonic, Philips Norelco and also Remington.
How to Choose the Best Electric Shaver
There are many types of electric shavers available in the market nowadays but it can be a daunting task to choose the right shaver for you. Bear in mind that no electric shaver can shave as close as a high quality non-electric shaver.
The reason why electric shaver exists is because it was designed for convenience where it will not cause cut or nick like a normal shaver. Good electric shavers could also prevent any irritation or skin burn thus making them as excellent shavers for people with sensitive skin. One can also complete the shave incredibly fast compared to shaving with a normal shaver.
Always keep in your mind that price is not the main factor to determine a good quality electric shaver. Below are some important tips for you to consider when choosing the best electric shaver for you.
Right Type of Shaver
There are two types of electric shaver. The first one is the rotary shaver where it shaves in a circular motion because it has round circular heads. The other one is the foil shaver where it has a flat rectangular head. Both are designed specifically for certain type of facial hair.
Rotary shavers normally are equipped with two or three blades that rotate in circular motion and they are suitable for almost all kind of facial hairs. Even though you have thicker or curlier facial hair, rotary shavers can handle them and they don’t produce too much noise. In general, most rotary shavers can contour better than foil shavers.
Foil shaver got its name because of strips of foils covering the oscillating blades. All foil shavers has straight design and normally they can offer closer shave. Even though they can offer closer shave than rotary shavers, it is recommended that people with thick or curly facial hair to use rotary electric shavers.
Another aspect for you to look into is whether they can be used dry or wet or they can be used at both conditions. Wet/dry electric shavers are waterproof and they can be used in the water while you are taking your bath or shower. A dry shaver meanwhile can be used only after or before your bath.
Electric shavers come in cord or cordless form. A cordless shaver can offer you more flexibility in term of your movement because you can shave without the unit plugged into the wall socket. Cordless electric shavers are normally powered by rechargeable batteries.
Cordless electric shavers are powered by rechargeable batteries so a good electric shaver should be powered by a rechargeable battery that can hold its charge for a very long time and charges quickly. If you travel frequently, you need a good electric shaver without the need to worry about charging the shaver so often.
Another area where you need to consider when buying an electric shaver is the design or the shape of the shaver. Ensure that you can grip the unit comfortably because for most men, shaving is routine and you will be doing it almost daily.
Most electric shavers nowadays come with added advanced features such as LCD displays, speed controller, trimmer attachment, extra blades as well self-cleaning stations.
Electric shavers that have their own cleaning stations are quite convenience because they can pump cleaning fluids automatically to the shaver head in order to remove dirt and grease and then dried up automatically via the internal heating system. Once its cartridge is full you will need to empty it.
There are many electric shavers in the market and just like any electrical appliances, some of them are costly and some are reasonably priced. Most will fall under the range of between $20 to $100 price range but electric shavers with more features will cost over $200.
Since the electric shaver market is quite competitive, low price shaver does not mean poor shaver because manufacturers will their best maintain the quality and the reliability. Some low price shavers can even outperform their higher price counterpart.
The most popular brands of electric shavers are Braun, Philips Norelco, Panasonic and Remington because they have good reputation for producing high quality and reliable electric shavers.
When making the final call to purchase an electric shaver, most users will decide based on the budget they have. Then they will refer to the most popular brands and then they will compare the features.
It is just like buying laptops, smartphones, cars and any other items because some features are not essential as the deciding factor. They are just nice to have. Always bear in mind that the price does not directly determine the quality of an electric shaver.
Once you have the budget, the brands and the features that are important to you, then it is easier to compare and to purchase.
In conclusion, for an electrical shaver to be consider good, the basic functionality of the shaver is it has to be able to provide close and comfortable shave, rechargeable, easy to handle, can be used in dry or wet condition, easy to be cleaned, does not cause any cuts or burns and of course could last for many years.
Hopefully, the Top 5 Best Electric Shavers for Men article on this page could help you to find a good electric shaver easier.
Top 5 Best Electric Shavers
The ranking below is based on our online research, customer reviews, quality and also the price.
1. Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic Shaver
The shaver features:
- Pulsonic Technology: Over 10,000 microvibrations per minute helps to expose and cut more hair with every stroke
- Gillette Blade Technology: Unique blade technology cuts hair close in a single stroke without pulling or tugging.
- Power-Comb: Patented technology lifts problem hairs that lie flat to the skin to avoid missed hairs in hard to shave areas.
- Smart Foil: Unique foil pattern captures hairs growing from different directions for a closer shave in fewer strokes
- Clean & Renew System: At the touch of a button, automatically cleans, lubricates, dries and charges the shaver.
2. Panasonic ES8109S Vortex Wet/Dry Shaver with Nano Technology and HydraClean System
The Panasonic ES8109S Vortex Wet/Dry Shaver with Nano Technology and HydraClean System comes with a pivoting head, a linear motor and other new technologies to deliver an outstanding and comfortable shave for its users.
The shaver features:
- Water infused hygenic solution cleans stubble and debris from the shave and refreshes the blades
- Long lasting cartridge provides superior cleaning power and keeps the blade lubricated.
- Arced, micro polished Nanotech blades for closeness
- Linear motor – 13,000 RPM, fastest in the industry
- Adjustable pivoting head for a comfortable and smooth shave
3. Braun PocketGo P-70 Men’s Shaver
The shaver features:
- Battery Powered – Braun recommends 2 AA Duracell batteries to power this shaver that is compact for travel and touch-up
- Floating Foil – Wide foil system effortlessly follows your facial contours for a smooth finish
- Precision Trimmer – Extendable long-hair trimmer for precise styling of mustache, sideburns, and neck
- Protective Twist Cap – Automatically locks and protects the foil when closed
- Washable – Easy cleaning under running water
4. Panasonic ES8243A Arc Nano Men’s Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver
The shaver features:
- Men’s arc wet/dry washable shaver
- Four blade system
- Turbo cleaning mode
- Stainless steel foil
5. Philips Norelco 7240XL Cord/Cordless rechargeable Shaver
The new Philips Norelco 7240XL Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Shaver comes with Philips core technology to provide worlds closest shave and it’s also easier and more comfortable to use thanks to its new ergonomic design and rubber grips.
The shaver features:
- New ergonomic design features rubber grips making it more comfortable and easier to use
- Precision Cutting System: ultra thin heads with slots to shave long hairs and holes to shave the shortest stubble
- Superior Lift & Cut Technology: dual blade system lifts hair to cut comfortably below skin level; stainless steel blades for comfortably close shaves
- Patented Reflex Action Shaving System: automatically adjusts to every curve on your face for flexible, smoother shaving
- Simply rinses clean under the tap
See also our Top 5 Best Electric Shavers for Sensitive Skin here.
Apart from the electric shavers shown on this page, there are more models available in the market and you can read all the electric shaver reviews here.